The department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2009. The Mission of the Department is to become a leading centre for educational excellence in Civil Engineering, to produce competent, disciplined quality engineers contributing technology for the sustainable development of the society. The department deals with planning, design, construction and management. Civil Engineering students gain knowledge to design, build and maintain roads, bridges, infrastructure, water and sanitary systems for cleaner environment. The department offers four years course in Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering and two years course in M.Tech in Waste Water Management, Health and Safety Engineering. The department is equipped with well established laboratories and class rooms. The faculty members of the department are involved in R&D and consultancy activities.Laboratories of the department are – BMT lab, Hydraulics lab, Environmental Lab & Survey lab.The department also has library housing a good number of quality reference books for the benefit of staff and students.
- To create an excellent and creative environment for training the students in innovative technologies.
- To provide the knowledge and skills required for Civil Engineer to enhance their employability and entrepreneurship qualities suited to current trends in Civil Engineering.
- To establish a center dedicated to promote research & development and consultancy services for the benefit of community.
- To inculcate moral, ethical and professional values in students to serve the society.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1:Students should gain the ability to identify, analyze, formulate and solve different challenges of Civil Engineering problems.
- PEO 2:To produce graduates with professional ethics who are prepared for life-long learning to update their knowledge.
- PEO 3:Students should develop an understanding of the multidisciplinary approach and ability to relate engineering issues to broader social and human context, in which their engineering contributions will be utilized..
- PEO 4:To establish a centre dedicated to promote research & development and consultancy services for the benefit of community.
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialisation to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis :Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions :Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage :Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society :Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice..
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of need for sustainable development.
- Ethics :Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work :Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large. Some of them are, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions..
- Project Management and Finance :Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong learning :Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Prof.Amar S.ByakodiAssistant Professor (HOD)
Prof. M. V.KanthiAssociate Professor
Dr. B. T. Suresh BabuProfessor
Prof. Gururaj TavildarAssistant Professor
Prof. N. A. HosamaniAssistant Professor
Prof. Vijay S. KumbarAssistant Professor
Prof. Pradnya GovekarAssistant Professor
Prof.Manjunath PujariAssistant Professor
Prof.D. S.GotakhindiAssistant Professor
Prof. Harush PatilAssistant Professor
Prof. Rashmi SAssistant Professor
Prof. Shradha P PatilAssistant Professor
Prof.Tejashwini JotawarAssistant Professor
Prof. Kiran R ShindigarAssistant Professor
Prof. Raziasultana N ShahapurAssistant Professor